Why a Sarsfield Credit Union Loan is different;
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market.
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment.
- Your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms and conditions - at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
Our personal loan rate of 9%* means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at Sarsfield Credit Union.
*For a €5,000, 5 year variable interest rate loan, with monthly repayments of €104.00, an APR of 9.4%; the total amount payable by the member will be €6226.25.
How do I apply for a loan?
To begin with, you open an account with Sarsfield Credit Union.
To open an account please bring with you the following to the Credit Union Office:
- Photographic ID: a current driving licence or passport
- Proof of Address: dated in the last 6 months - a utility bill, government letter or bank statement.
- State issued proof of PPSN: Proof of your P60, P45, Medical Card or correspondence from the tax office.
- If not living in the area, proof of working in the area.
For fast approval of a standard loan please provide:
- Proof of Income (3 most recent payslips or social welfare receipts).
- 3 Months Bank Statements.
- 3 Months Credit Card Statements.
- Your consent to undertake an Irish Credit Bureau check with your loan application.
Try out our Loan Calculator here.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply.